5 Things to Pray for Your World
Fresh prayer ideas for a world in need, all drawn from Scripture
When we watch the news, our hearts break for a world in need. But Christians are not powerless to help: we can pray. In fact, that’s exactly what God tells us to do: “petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving [should] be made for all people” (1 Timothy 2 v 1-2). If we’re serious about reaching our local community and the wider world with the gospel, the first thing we’ll do is pray.
Trouble is, most of us don’t know where to start. How do we pray meaningfully for people who we don’t know and will probably never meet? Deep down, the issues seem too big, too emotionally disconnected, and we’re not sure our prayers will really make a difference. That’s where this little book is designed to help. It will equip you to pray powerful prayers for the world around you – prayers that really change things, because they’re based on God’s word.
Each spread takes a passage of Scripture and suggests 5 things to pray for a local, national, or international issue. Because when we pray in line with God’s priorities as found in his word, our prayers are powerful and effective (James 5 v 16) – and that’s a truly thrilling prospect.
Use this book to
- Guide your prayers during your personal quiet times
- Equip church members to pray meaningfully for your local community and nation
- Help you prepare expressive public intercessions for church
- Fuel your church prayer meeting
- Help you know how to pray in the wake of major world events
- Use this book in any number of ways: work through it as part of your daily quiet time, or pick it up whenever a situation arises that is in particular need of prayer.
17.26 × 10.92 × 1.2 cm
|Book Author/s|| |
The Good Book Company